GET INVOLVED WITH EVANSTON HOCKEY
The Evanston Youth Hockey Association is supported by a large group of volunteers who do everything from manage our teams to supporting our tryouts to running Hockeys Day to serving on our Board of Directors. We call on Evanston Hockey families to volunteer throughout the year. There are also opportunities to serve in a more substantial way through non-Board or Board positions.
Board of Directors Nomination Process
The Evanston Hockey board of directors is an all-volunteer board with each member serving a three-year term that’s renewable once. The board meets once a month at Robert Crown. The Hockey Director attends all meetings. Board members are expected to attend all board meetings, and commit to approximately 120 hours per year, with the bulk of the time commitment during the season.
If you are interested in joining the Evanston Hockey board of directors, please complete this form
. Hockey experience isn’t required although we do look for people to fill specific roles to run the organization. There are a set number of positions on the board according to Evanston Hockey bylaws. If there isn't a current opening, we will retain all applications until we have an opening. New positions typically become available in conjunction with the board's annual meeting in February.
The board votes on the addition of all board members, giving consideration to specific needs of the board at the time, past volunteer experience with Evanston Hockey and unique skills. If you have questions about board involvement, please talk to any member of the Evanston Hockey board.
There are also a number of non-board volunteer positions during the course of the season. If you are interested in one of these positions, please complete the same form
and indicate your interest in the "other" field. The board votes on the addition of all non-board positions.
- Managing editor for Evanston Hockey News, monthly e-newsletter
- 1-2 co-chairs to organize Try Hockey for Free days in November and March
- 1-2 co-chairs to provide assistance for Senior Night in December
- Two more co-chairs to join 2-3 other co-chairs to organize Hockey Days in Evanston, Evanston Hockey's biggest event of the year when all teams play games over two days
- 1-2 co-chairs to organize coach game and skate with Blackhawks Special Team in March [at least one chair should have player at 14U level]
If you have any questions or would like additional information on any open position, please email